Monday, December 31, 2012

January 2013 picks

A new year already! Remember back when we were worried the world was going to end this year? Opps. Anyways, here are my picks for January 2013 that you can probably expect reviews for at some point this year. Links go to the book's Goodreads page if you want more info (I'm doing goodreads now for this because I feel they're more accurate and helpful then Amazon on book info).

YA:
The Fire Horse Girl by Kay Honeymoon-Historical Fiction book about Chinese culture in the 1920s. Have I mentioned I love the 1920s/30s? No? Well, you've probably figured it out.

The Pledge Book 2: The Essence by Kimberly Derting-Still don't think The Pledge needs a sequel but I'm giving it a shot.

Dr. Frankenstein's Daughters by Suzanne Weyn-Want to read it for the concept alone.

Altered Book 1: Altered by Jennifer Rush-Slightly low expections for this one but I'm a sucker for genetically enhanced people plots.

The Dragon King Chronicles Book 1: Prophecy by Ellen Oh-Fantasy book! Give me!

Under the Never Sky Book 2: Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi-Under the Never Sky was a fabulous guilty pleasure read last year. Look forward to sequel.

Shadowlands Book 1: Shadowlands by Kate Brian-Murder mystery complete with serial killer. Bring it.

Revolution 19 by Gregg Rosenblum-Plot sort of sounds like a teen iRobot but in reverse with humans in rebellion instead of robots. See how this one goes.

Paper Valentine by Brenna Yovanoff-My favorite underrated author.

Just One Day Book 1 by Gayle Forman-Because it's Gayle Forman, bitch. Do not question the Forman.

Doomed by Tracy Deebs-Cyber gaming plot! Woot!

Delusion by Laura Sullivan-Yay, for historical fantasy, my favorite genre.

Visions Book 1: Crash by Lisa McMann-Remember when I said I was breaking up with McMann's books? Apparently I lied.

The Cadet of Tildor by Alex Lidell-Fantasy that promises me a mixture of Game of Thrones and Tamora Pierce. We shall see. I mean Throne of Glass promised me Game of Thrones too and I didn't see that at all so I'm going into this one hesitantly for fear of being burned for my excitement.

Tempest Book 2: Vortex by Julie Cross-Despite being really underwhelmed by Tempest last year, I'm going to give Cross one more shot.

Across the Universe Trilogy Book 3: Shades of Earth by Beth Revis-Because the way Revis ended book 2, I just HAVE to read this.

The Memory Chronicles Book 1: Level 2 by Lenore Applehans-Debut that sounds ridiculously awesome.

Nobody by Jennifer Lynn Barnes-Because I've fallen in love with Barnes' writing style.

Everneath Book 2: Everbound by Brodi Ashton-Continuing for the interesting plot idea even though the protagonist drives me up the wall.

At Sommerton Book 1: Cinders and Sapphires by Leila Rasheed-Billed as a YA Downton Abbey and DA is my guilty pleasure (so glad it's coming back this month!)

Unearthly Trilogy Book 3: Boundless by Cynthia Hand-Three cheers for a GOOD angel series that I actually like. So sorry to see this one go.

The Archived Book 1: The Archived by Victoria Schwab-Despite being lukewarm to the Near Witch I loved Schwab's writing style and this premise sounds like something I'll enjoy more then the Near Witch.

Slated by Teri Terry-Brits probably already know this one but it's now being released in the US and it sounds kind of awesome.

Angelfire series Book 3: Shadows in the Silence by Courtney Allison Moulton-Another sad farewell to a rather good angel series.

Legend Book 2: Prodigy by Marie Lu-sequel to one of the more interesting dystopians to come out of the dystopian frenzy that happened after the Hunger Games Trilogy ended.

The Madman's Daughter Book 1: The Madman's Daughter by Megan Shepherd-Awesome sounding debut that is based on the lesser known The Island of Dr. Moreou. Yay for authors going for the lesser known classics!

Newsoul series Book 2: Asunder by Jodi Meadows-Again, was kind of underwhelmed by Incarnate. But it was decent enough that I'm going to pick up the sequel. Besides, gorgeous cover is gorgeous and just beckons you to read it, no?

Adult:

The Between series Book 1: Between by Kerry Schafer-Awesome sounding new UF series.

No comments:

Post a Comment