Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by the fabulous ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish.
This weeks topic: Top Ten New to Me Authors I read in 2012
1) Kendare Blake-I was a latecomer to Anna Dressed in Blood and I fell in utter love with the book and its just as fabulous sequel. Can't wait to see what she has in store for us next.
2) Paolo Bacigalupi-Author of Ship Breaker as well as other critically acclaimed adult fantasy books. I finally sat down and read Ship Breaker and was rather impressed. Hopefully I'll get to his other books next year.
3) Lia Habel-I missed Dearly Departed last year and got to it this year and fell in love. Yes, the zombie as a love interest is wierd but this author manages to make it work.
4) Kathryn Miller Haines-The Girl is Murder series is so interesting. I wish more people would give this series a try. The first book is a bit weak but the second one is rather good.
5) Carolyn MacCullough-Once a Witch was a pleasant surprise. I'll get off my butt and read the sequel one of these days.
6) Patrick Ness-Yes, I only have just read The Knife of Never Letting Go. No, I don't know what took me so long.
7) Erin Morgenstern-Night Circus was so much better then I was expecting. I'm glad I finally picked up despite my hesitations.
8) Cherie Priest-Writes a fun adult urban fantasy series which I'll hopefully continue sometime next year.
9) Alice Sebold-I confess, I don't understand all the hooplah about Lovely Bones. It's not bad...I just don't think it's very great either. Also, bad ending is bad.
10) Daisy Whitney-Mockingbirds was a total surprise for me. I wasn't expecting much from the summary given but it actually is a interesting contemporary. This may not seem like such a big deal but for someone like me who finds it hard to get into contemporary novels it kind of is.