Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Book Review: Dark Eyes

TITLE: Dark Eyes
Book 1 in the Dark Eyes series
AUTHOR: William Richter
PUBLISHED: March 2012
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Mystery, adventure
PREMISE: Wally is on the run and in search of her birth mother.
MY REVIEW: This...was not what I was expecting. Not totally a bad thing, I'll give it that. I do definitely get the Girl With the Dragon Tatoo vibes from it. However, I don't think it's nearly as good as that trilogy.
I will warn that this is probably better suited for older or more mature teens as there's some pretty dark stuff going on here. Honestly some of it was a bit over the top for my taste but at least the author didn't try to glamourize living on the streets and making things really convenient for the main character. The plot is interesting and there are twists and turns abound.
As a debut goes, this was a decent start to a series. I wouldn't read this if romance is your thing though, there's very little of it. But if you're a Dragon Tattoo fan, this may be a fun read.
WHO SHOULD READ: Girl with the Dragon Tattoo fans, mystery fans
MY RATING: Three and a half out of Five sleuths

No comments:

Post a Comment