Monday, December 10, 2012

Book Review: As Dead as it Gets

TITLE: As Dead as it Gets
Book 3 in the Bad Girls Don't Die series
AUTHOR: Katie Alender
PUBLISHED: May 2012
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Paranormal, mystery
PREMISE: Alex continues to get harrassed by Lydia's ghost despite doing her best to ignore all things paranormal.
MY REVIEW: Bad Girls Don't Die is admitedly a aquired taste. I totally understand why this series sometimes gets mixed reviews. Alex is not a easy character to like, sometimes the author wanders in her plots, and I even admit it's not totally original. The thing with this series is that it's one of those it will either appeal to you or it won't. Personally though, it appeals to me. It reminds me of old school horror series like R. L. Stine or Christopher Pike which weren't all that fabulous but very addicting and entertaining. What can I say, I like the creepy, and this series has lots of creepy.
I will say though, even as a fan, Alex tried my patience in this one. So did Lydia. I thought Lydia couldn't get more annoying then she was when she was alive. Turns out I was wrong though it was nice seeing the author try and give her some character depth and explanations for her actions. She's still annoying though even if she maybe gets better by the second half of the book. But the ending of this one I found interesting and I have a feeling things are going to go down in the next book and I must say I can't wait.
Honestly though by book three most readers have probably figured out if they are fans of this series or not. I suggest checking it out of the library to see if it's for you first. Fans of the previous two books should enjoy this installment just as much as the first two.
WHO SHOULD READ: Fans of the first 2 books, R. L. Stine fans, horror fans
MY RATING: Four out of Five kind of annoying ghosts


No comments:

Post a Comment