Thursday, December 13, 2012

Book Review: Girl of Nightmares

TITLE: Girl of Nightmares
Book 2 in Anna Dressed in Blood series
AUTHOR: Kendare Blake
PUBLISHED: August 2012
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Paranormal, horror
PREMISE: Cas has been unable to move on from the loss of Anna and in hopes of finding out what has happened to her has dragged his friends on a impossible task: bringing a ghost back from hell.
MY REVIEW: This is what I call a gutsy sequel and I love it. True, I'm sure there'll be readers who are upset at the ending and for sure, it is kind of sad. But it is a more powerful ending to me then what the safe "anna turns up alive!" ending that readers probably wanted more. Personally I respect authors who go with hard endings like this rather then the ending that would have made all their readers happy.
If you loved Anna Dressed in Blood, Girl of Nightmares is just as fabulous. Okay yes, this series isn't totally original. In fact a lot of it reminds me of the show Supernatural. In fact, I had no problem picturing Dean as Cas while reading this. But these books are great character books. It's a rare YA book that manages to be entertaining but also have great character developement and these books have both in spades.
Basically this one proved Anna Dressed in Blood wasn't a fluke. From what I understand this is the last Anna book which saddens me but I'm really satisfied with where the books left off. I can't wait to see what Blake has in store for us next.
WHO SHOULD READ: fans of Anna Dressed in Blood, Supernatural fans, horror/ghost story fans
MY RATING: Four and a half out of Five kick ass female ghosts

No comments:

Post a Comment