Thursday, December 27, 2012

Book Review: Wings of the Wicked

TITLE: Wings of the Wicked
Book 2 in the Angelfire series
AUTHOR: Courtney Allison Moulton
PUBLISHED: January 2012
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Angels, romance
PREMISE: Ellie tries her best to balance her life as a warrior angel with her human one.
MY REVIEW: Well, I definitely think this one was a improvement over the first one which I liked but it had several flaws which is why it took me awhile to get to the sequel. This time around Moulton focuses more on plot then melodrama and thus I enjoyed the book much more. Even though I'm upset about a certain person dying.
As I've said many times, angel books are difficult for me to get into. The only other ones besides this series has been Unearthly and a standalone book that I think no one else but me has read. So for me to say I like this series is actually several points in the author's favor. Granted the relationship between Ellie and Will is still rather ho hum for me (I found Ellie's drama about Will rather irksome if I'm honest) and frankly the least interesting thing going on in the book because I know they'll end up together because it's YA. I can count on my hand the number of main YA couples who haven't gotten together in the end and one of them is just because the guy wound up dying. Something tells me this isn't one of those types of endings so I'm not all that worried about the Ellie/Will drama.
But the overall plot is actually rather good this time around. There's twists you don't see coming, it's fast paced for a five hundred page whopper, and there's even character developement of sorts. So I say this is definitely a improvement on the series and I look forward to book 3.
WHO SHOULD READ: Angelfire fans, angel book fans, Unearthly fans
MY RATING: Four out of Five swords

No comments:

Post a Comment