Sunday, February 10, 2013

Stacking the Shelves: February 10th

This is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga over at Tynga's Reviews which tells people what new books we've gotten over the week. Trying something new this week with images as well as links.

Downloaded to Kindle:


The Ascendance Trilogy Book 1: The False Prince by Jennifer A. Nelsen

Was a daily deal on Amazon. Since I've been meaning to read it anyway...





Weekly Library Haul:



Memory Chronicles Book 1: Level 2 by Lenore Appelhans

YA debut that I've been itching to get my hands on because the idea sounds so awesome.






Nobody by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

While I'm bummed at lack of Raised by Wolves books, Nobody sounds like a awesome idea and I'm always up for a Barnes book.



Doomed by Tracy Deebs

Dystopianish/virtual reality thing that sounds awesome.





The Cadet of Tildor by Alex Lidell

Fantasy that promises me teen version of Game of Thrones combined with Tortall. This better deliver because the last book that promised me something like that...well lets just say it didn't live up to the lofty expectations it gave me in the summary. That was Throne of Glass for anyone wondering.

Visions Trilogy Book 1: Crash by Lisa McMann

New trilogy by the author of wake about a girl with visions. McMann can be off and on with me. So we'll see how this one goes. Come to think of it, I STILL need to finish the Wake Trilogy...




The Dragon King Chronicles Book 1: Prophecy by Ellen Oh

Fantasy YA debut that I'm currently reading. Honestly I have mixed feelings so far.




Revolution 19 by Gregg Rosenblum

I'm a sucker for robots trying to kill us all because honestly I firmly believe that any thing that will cause some sort of dystopian future will most likely be something humans built because frankly, we're dumb that way. Plus I just don't trust how dependent we've become on technology and wouldn't be at all surprised if that comes back to bite us in the butt later on. So this premise I totally want to read, even if it vaguely reminds me of the plot to iRobot.


Under the Never Sky Book 2: Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi

Under the Never Sky was a surprise for me last year. True, not a very original dystopian. But it was enjoyable, which in a crowded YA shelf that's making me tired of dystopians, is kind of a achievement in my book.

1 comment:

  1. I have been meaning to read The False Prince, too. I am not sure if I will be able to get to it anytime soon though, which is why I didn't buy it while it was the daily deal.

    Anyway, enjoy your goodies. Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete