This is a weekly meme hosted by the girls over at The Broke and the Bookish.
My Top Ten Auto-Buy authors
Well this is strange because I very rarely do auto-buy authors but I do have auto-buy series that I do a lot. So I'll point out the authors who it's really the series I auto-buy.
1) Neil Gaiman-I just love this man's work. It's always creative, it's always fun, and I've always enjoyed his stuff. I can't wait for his new book coming out this summer especially now that I've basically have read everything except a few volumes of Sandman and Fragile Things.
2) Tamora Pierce-I have basically grown up with Tortall/Circle of Magic. I started reading them in middle-school after discovering Alanna and the Circle books and have always bought the new books every year they've come out since. I can't wait for Battle Magic this year and the amount I really want the book about Tris in magic school and the Maura of Dunlath book is really kind of sad considering those don't come out till like two/three years.
3) Meg Cabot-Cabot is another author I have been loyal too since middle school back when Princess Diaries wasn't even four books long and the Mediator/1-800-WHERE-R-U books were just starting. Cabot never disappoints me. Even Abandon, which I have some issues with, I still find highly enjoyable.
4) JK Rowling-True, I have not read her adult book yet. Mostly due to time and lack of funds. I will be reading it sometime this year though as well as anything else she writes in the future ;cough; Harry Potter Encyclopedia ;cough;
5) Libba Bray-Every so often you get a author whose books just outright suit your personality and click with you. Libba Bray is one such author for me. I swear it's like sometimes she digs into my mind and throws everything I like into her books knowing what will make me love them. I want the second Diviners book SO MUCH.
6) Richelle Mead-Well this is actually just the Vampire Academy books. Her other books I mostly read in the library but the VA/Bloodlines books are on my permanent buy list. Hence my buying of Indigo Spell despite having like five books on my owned tbr pile.
7) Rick Riordan-I love his mythology books. They are such glorious addictive crack. Are they kind of predictable? Sure. But damn are they entertaining.
8) Laini Taylor-With her Daughter of Smoke and Bone series this author is definitely a auto-buy. These books are fabulous.
9) Lauren Oliver-Delirium Trilogy comes to an end this year and I'm going to be so sorry to see it go. But I can't wait to see what else her creative brain has in store for us.
10) Gail Carriger-I love her stuff. It's funny and entertaining and with great covers. I can't wait to get my hands on Etiquette and Espionage whenever I get the money and to a store that has it and when my tbr pile gets a little lower.