Saturday, February 23, 2013

March 2013 Monthly Book Picks

Now that I actually have a working computer I can finally do a monthly book picks for 2013. So here are the books I'm looking forward too in March that you can expect a review for eventually.

YA:

On Mar. 1rst: The Summer Prince by Alaya Dawn Johnson-Interesting looking fantasy with a wicked cover and from the looks of things has a PoC main character! Don't see that often in fantasy. But I'm seeing more and more of them this year and I'm really pleased about this.

On Mar. 5th: Earth Girl by Janet Edwards-Interesting sounding idea. Plus I love that we're getting more sci-fi in the YA category.

Secret Order Book 1: The Legacy of the Clockwork Key by Kristin Bailey-Author had me at secret society and Victorian London. I have my vices in reading and those are some of them.

Delirium Book 3: Requiem by Lauren Oliver-Going to be so sad to see this trilogy end. But I have no doubt I'll love whatever Oliver does next as much as Delirium.

Spellcaster book 1 by Claudia Gray-New series from the author of my guilty pleasure series: Evernight. This time with witches which is even better then vampires.

Unremembered Trilogy Book 1 by Jessica Brody-Interesting sounding idea.

On Mar. 12th: Mila 2.0 by Debra Driza-Cyborgs? Sign me up.

Poison by Bridget Zinn
-More high fantasy! Woot!
Strands of Bronze and Gold by Jane Nickerson-Gothic romance. I'm weak to this action guys.

On Mar. 19th: Infernal Devices Book 3: Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare-may be awhile till I get to this one, though I did finally just buy Clockwork Prince so progress, yes?

On Mar. 21rst: 17 and Gone by Nova Ren Suma-I was sort of lukewarm about Imaginary Girls but I did love Suma's writing so I'm hoping it translates better in another story.

Adult:

On Mar. 5: Others series Book 1: Written in Red by Anne Bishop-Cool sounding new adult fantasy series.

Chronicles of Light and Shadow Book 1: A Conspiracy of Alchemists by Liesel Schwarz-This one is already out in the UK, it's coming to the us and it sounds awesome.

Mercy Thompson Book 7: Frost Burned by Patricia Briggs-Still not sure why we need another Mercy book because to me the series could have ended at book 5. But Mercy is awesome so I'm not complaining too loudly.

On Mar. 19th: Queen Victoria's Book of Spells Anthology-Steampunk short stories with some awesome authors contributing, including Gregory Maguire.

On Mar. 22nd: The Reichenbach Trilogy Book 1: The Reichenbach Problem by Martin Booth-A deliciously meta-ish looking tale that asks the question that has been bugging Holmes fans through generations: what was the point of Reichenbach in Sherlock Holmes?

On Mar. 26th: Elemental Assassin series: Deadly Sting by Jennifer Estep-I plan on catching up with this series sometime this year. Just may take awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment