Friday, February 15, 2013

Book Review: Crash

TITLE: Crash
Book 1 in the Visions series
AUTHOR: Lisa McMann
PUBLISHED: January 2013
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Paranormal, Mystery, Romance
PREMISE: Jules gets visions about a fiery accident that would possibly kill the boy she has feelings for.
MY REVIEW: The thing about McMann is that there isn't technically anything wrong with her books. She has a intriguing writing style, she has interesting ideas, there is usually a decent plot going on, etc. This one is no exception. There's nothing really wrong with it.
It just...felt lacking to me for some reason? Which is my usual problem with McMann's stuff. I don't find anything wrong with the books that make them offensive or anything, I just always feel really unsatisfied after reading them. Like I feel more could be done with them. The same goes for Crash. This was a okay start to a okay plot. I just feel more could have been done with it. I will say though, that once again: astounding lack of female friendship.
So...I don't know if it's me or the writer in this case. Probably more me being my picky self. But I just always feel like McMann can bring more to the table then what she's shown us. Perhaps the plot picks up more in the second book?
WHO SHOULD READ: Wake Trilogy fans, Paranormal gift fans
MY RATING: Three and a half out of Five fires

No comments:

Post a Comment