Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Ditched Books for January

TITLE: Undeadly
Book 1 in the Reaper Diaries
AUTHOR: Michele Vail
PUBLISHED: November 2012
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Urban fantasy, zombies
PREMISE: Molly tries to be normal despite being a reaper.
WHY I DITCHED IT: So. Much. Forced. Teen speak. Like, OMG you guys. Seriously authors, quit this habit. NOW. Liked the premise of it, didn't care for everything else. By page sixty I was bored to death and annoyed at the same time. I think this is one for younger teens but anyone past middle school will probably feel like they're being talked down too by a author who thinks they're eleven.

TITLE: Blood Song
Book 1 in the Blood Singer series
AUTHOR: Cat Adams
PUBLISHED: 2010
CATEGORY: Adult
GENRE: Urban fantasy, vampires
PREMISE: A body guard becomes a vampire.
WHY I DITCHED IT: Was bored within a hundred pages. Was the basic UF tropes all in one.


TITLE: Delusion
AUTHOR: Laura L. Sullivan
PUBLISHED: January 2013 (us release anyway)
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Historical fantasy, romance
PREMISE: Two sisters who are bored being stuck during the London blitz try to talk two magicians into helping out the war effort.
WHY I DITCHED IT: Honest to god this was a case of "it's not you, it's me". There probably isn't anything really wrong with this book. I just couldn't get into it for some reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment