Friday, February 22, 2013

Book Review: Nobody

TITLE: Nobody
AUTHOR: Jennifer Lynn Barnes
PUBLISHED: January 2013
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Adventure, romance
PREMISE: Nix is a assassin trained to kill nobodies, a dangerous creature. A creature like Claire...
MY REVIEW: I absolutely loved Barne's series Raised by Wolves so I was really looking forward to this one. While I do think it has Barnes' usual creativity and outside the box thinking...don't like it as much.
Part of my problem is I found the romantic relationship between Nix/Claire kind of problematic. I don't think they're as worse as say Patch/Nora from Hush Hush but...something about it makes me side-eye the author. Plus, I didn't particularly think it was that well developed. Which is a shame considering her other books have much better developed couples. But the premise of the book? Oh that I loved a lot. It kept things interesting when the romance got sappy, and the twists were good and it did make the book a page turner despite the lack of great romance in it.
So...not the best book of Barnes. If you're just starting out on her stuff, I'd read Raised by Wolves instead. But it is still a interesting read.
WHO SHOULD READ: Barnes fans, fans of assassin plots
MY RATING: Three and a half out of Five government assassins

No comments:

Post a Comment