Sunday, February 24, 2013

Stacking the Shelves: Feb. 24rth

This is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga over at Tynga's Reviews that tells people what new books we've gotten over the week.

From Netgalley:
Immortal Rules Book 2: The Eternity Cure by Julie Kagawa-Sequel to my personal favorite from last year: The Immortal Rules. Out April 30th so don't expect a review till that week (I like to do reviews the week of to help out the publishers for release dates)

Ruined Book 2: Unbroken by Paula Morris-Sequel to the vastly underrated Ruined. Out now, will try to review as fast as possible.

Downloaded to Kindle:
The Faerie Ring series Book 2: The Torn Wing by Kiki Hamilton-I admit I was lukewarm about Faerie Ring but it was good enough that I'm interested in the sequel and this one is currently free on Kindle so I couldn't resist.

The Mist on Bronte Moor by Aviva Orr-Currently free on Kindle. Like the idea even if I raise my eyebrow at the idea of a teen girl who is unaware of who the Bronte family is. Even if you don't actively read most people have heard of Jane Eyre/Wuthering Heights and know the Bronte sisters wrote them so that seems highly implausible to me but I'm going to give the author the benefit of doubt.

From bookstores (combination of using up the last of the Christmas gift cards and being stuck at my store during a snowstorm):
Infernal Devices Book 2: Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare-Because Clockwork Princess comes out next month and while I think Mortal Instruments needs to just end already, this series I still enjoy.

Bloodlines Book 3: The Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead-My guilty pleasure series continues.

The Lunar Chronicles Book 2: Scarlet by Marissa Meyer-Sequel to one of my top ten favorite books last year.

From the Library (to top off all the luck in the freebies and book buying, it was library week):

Sacred by Elana K. Arnold-Romance that I've actually already ditched because after a hundred pages of me rolling my eyes constantly it became clear this book wasn't for me.

Everneath series Book 2: Everbound by Brodi Ashton-Everneath was a fun guilty pleasure from last year so I'm mildly looking forward to this even if I'm really really tired of the Persephone retellings.

Tempest book 2: Vortex by Julie Cross-Tempest didn't really do much for me but every so often (such as the case with Across the Universe by Beth Revis) a series/trilogy becomes better in the second book so I'm giving it another shot. Expectations are low though.

The Pledge series book 2: The Essence by Kimberly Derting-Reading against my better judgement because I'm not convinced The Pledge really needed a sequel.

Just One Day book 1 by Gayle Forman-I don't normally do contemporary romance (especially in the YA category because all most all of them are pretty much alike) but Forman is one of my exceptions to the rule because her stuff, I like.

The Dead and Buried by Kim Harrington-A nice combination of ghost story/mystery that Harrington always excels at.

At Somerton Book 1: Cinders and Sapphires by Leila Rasheed-YA debut that promises me teen Downton Abbey. As a professed DA junkie, I'm looking forward to this.

Altered series Book 1: Altered by Jennifer Rush-YA 2013 debut that I've heard decent things about.

No comments:

Post a Comment