Friday, July 28, 2017

Book Review: The End of Oz

TITLE: The End of Oz
Book 4 in the Dorothy Must Die series
AUTHOR: Danielle Paige
PUBLISHED: March 14th, 2017
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Fantasy/Classic Book referencing
PREMISE: Amy returns to Oz for a final showdown with Dorothy.
MY REVIEW: This series...I don't know what to think about this series anymore. It's been such an up and down sort of series, that was honestly...mostly down. I probably should have quit awhile ago, but damn it, I love this messed up version of Oz.
So, here I am. Reading a finale that was...just okay. Like honestly, the rest of the series was. I wasn't expecting much from the ending, but I was hoping for at least a little more then (SPOILER): after defeat, Amy goes back to Kansas and married her guy. (Edit: Don't know what happened with that sentence there. Fixed it) Like, really?
So yeah. A ho hum ending to an overall average series that I probably should have quit before now. I am such a sucker for awesome fantasy worlds.
WHO SHOULD READ: those that liked the first three books, Wizard of Oz fans
MY RATING: Three out of Five shrugs
RATING FOR SERIES: Three and a half out of Five

No comments:

Post a Comment