Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Book Review: The Bane Chronicles

TITLE: The Bane Chronicles
Part of the Mortal Instruments series
AUTHOR: Cassandra Clare, Sarah Rees Brennan, and Maureen Johnson
CATEGORY: YA
PUBLISHED: 2014
GENRE: Urban Fantasy
PREMISE: A bunch of short stories written by Clare and others that deal with some of the history of Magnus Bane.
MY REVIEW: I know what you all are thinking: hey, didn't she say she was done with this series after the last Mortal Instruments book? Yes. Yes, I did say that. But come on, we all knew it was a lie. We knew I'd come crawling back to this series because I just can't seem to resist it despite my many many many issues with it. I blame all the gushing on YouTube about the new series. It's made me curious again.
So I figured I'd just dive in again like the weak person I am with The Bane Chronicles, because Magnus Bane is basically my favorite thing about this series. As usual with story collections, some are better then others. Most didn't really reveal anything new to me. It was kind of fun seeing what the MI world was like during history, but other then that....not much to these stories. I think my favorite bit in this was when all the characters called Magnus' phone to bug him about the break-up in...I don't remember which book. But this story was hilarious.
So yeah...expect a review of Lady Midnight soon. Because I just can't quit this damn series.
WHO SHOULD READ: Mortal Instruments fans
MY RATING: Four out of Five favorite characters being awesome

No comments:

Post a Comment