Thursday, July 6, 2017

Book Review: Being Jazz

TITLE: Being Jazz-My Life as a Transgender Teen
AUTHOR: Jazz Jennings
PUBLISHED: June 2016
CATEGORY: Non-Fiction
GENRE: Memoirs
PREMISE: Activist Jazz Jennings talks about her life growing up.
MY REVIEW:Another memoir that I'm not sure how to go about reviewing. I do think it's very well done. As this is aimed at teenagers, I don't have much of an issue with the fact that it's a slightly chatty memoir. This is something happens with a lot of celebrity memoirs and it kind of works for me.
Jazz is overall a very positive person and that absolutely shines through in here. She's very comfortable in her skin and I hope I get half the confidence she has one day. Because frankly the things she's done at her young age are damn impressive.
This is a very quick read. I believe I read it in like two short sittings. If you want a positive memoir to give you hope that this new generation will do better than we have, it's a good read.
WHO SHOULD READ: you want positive memoirs
MY RATING: Four out of Five books to give you hope

No comments:

Post a Comment