Saturday, July 29, 2017

Notable Releases: 7/23-7/29

Here are this past week's notable releases. There are quite a few this week:

MG/YA

Nemesis Book 2: Sovereign by April Daniels

I read the first book of this new series (Dreadnaught) a few months ago and really enjoyed it. Can't wait to see where the author takes things.







Daughter of the Burning City by Amanda Foody

Interesting looking fantasy debut. Have heard mixed things so we'll see how it goes.






The Gallery of Unfinished Girls by Lauren Karcz

LGBTQA debut that apparently has some magical realism elements mixed in. Not so sure about the magical realism part as that can be very hit or miss for me, but I'm giving it a shot.

Spirit Hunters by Ellen Oh

I admit it: I didn't particularly care for Oh's first series (Prophecy I think is the name?). Diversity was great. Plot and world building....not so much. I'm hoping time has matured her work and giving her another shot because I do like the author as a person and I hate it when I like the author's personality, but don't care much for their books. It's almost as annoying as when I love the books, but kind of want to smack the author sometimes.



First We Were IV by Alexandra Sirowy

Thriller that's been getting some buzz.

Little Monsters by Kara Thomas

Mystery thriller thing that's been getting some buzz. We'll see how it goes.

Lucky in Love by Kasie West

The latest Kasie West book. I know she has a bit of a following so giving you guys a heads up. I do see why she's popular. Her books are cute.







Beanstalker and Other Hilarious Scarytales by Kiersten White

Kiersten White book! Kiersten White book!







Adult Fiction

The Waning Moon Book 1: The Five Daughters of the Moon by Leena Likitalo

New historical fantasy series set in Russia. I'm game.







Non-Fiction

Sons and Soldiers: The Untold Story of the Jews Who Escaped the Nazis and Returned With the US Army to Fight Hitler by Bruce Henderson

Seriously, look at that title. Who wouldn't want to read that?






The Making of Jane Austen by Devoney Looser

A Jane Austen book that's not particularly about her or her life, but how exactly she became as beloved as she is today. I admit, I'm nerdy when it comes to stuff like this so I'm here for it.





Comics/Manga

Legend of Korra Vol. 1: Turf Wars, Part One
Flash Vol. 3: Rogues Reloaded
Black Road Vol. 2
Fairy Tale Vol. 61
Extraordinary X-Men Vol. 4
Mighty Thor Vol. 2: Lords of Midgard

No comments:

Post a Comment