Monday, June 12, 2017

Notable Releases: 6/4-6/10

So...yeah...this is late. Sorry. Real life and all of that. Anyway, here are last week's notable releases:

MG/YA

Dividing Eden Book 1 by Joelle Charrbonneau

New fantasy trilogy debut. The comparison to Maas and Aveyard is giving me slight pause because...well, I'm not a huge fan of either author. But I'm hoping it's just a case of the publisher comparing it to popular fantasy and not because there any actual similarities (which lets face it, is something that happens in publishing A LOT).




Tash Hearts Tolstoy by Kathryn Ormsbee

I can't wait to get my hands on this one. A book with a asexual main character. FINALLY. Not a background character, the actual main character. Now if we can just get some damn demi-sexual representation out there...

Here Lies Daniel Tate by Cristin Terrill

Mystery that looks pretty good.








Song of the Current Book 1 by Sarah Tolcser

Fun-looking fantasy that is the latest one to involve pirates.







Adult Fiction

The Crime Writer by Jill Dawson

Historical fiction about Patricia Highsmith.

Magpie Murders by Anthony Horowitz

One of these days I will actually read a Horowitz book. I keep making note of his books because they look fun, but then I always forget about them for some reason or another...






The Ministry of Utmost Happiness by Arundhati Roy

Big June release that probably doesn't need me to plug it, but here you go. Once again, I advise ignoring the low rating it has. Most of it seems to be people whining about how she's an activist now.


The Alice Network by Kate Quinn

WWI/WWII historical fiction novel that's giving me some Code Name Verity vibes.







Non-Fiction

Rwandan Women Rising by Swanee Hunt

Non-fiction about how Rwandan women have come to hold over sixty percent of their Parliament seats. Perhaps US women should take notes.






Comics/Manga Releases
Giant Days Vol. 5 TP
Valerian The Complete Collection Vol. 1
Fate Zero Vol. 5 TP
Mother Panic Vol. 1: A Work in Progress TP
Nightwing Vol. 2: Back to Bludhaven TP
Teen Titans Vol. 1: Damien Knows Best TP

No comments:

Post a Comment