Saturday, June 17, 2017

Notable Releases: 6/11-6/17

Here are the notable releases on my radar from this past week:

MG/YA

Saints and Misfits by S. K. Ali

Debut that's been getting quite a bit of buzz.

Midnight at the Electric by Jodi Lynn Anderson

Anderson always writes very interesting ideas, and this one looks like it's no exception.

Stormheart Book 1: Roar by Cora Carmack

Fantasy debut that's been getting lots of buzz.

Ivory and Bone Book 2: Obsidian and Stars by Julie Eshbaugh

I have...mixed feelings about the first book in this series that is basically a gender-flipped Pride and Prejudice set in the pre-historic era. But I was interested enough that I'll probably read this. Eventually.

Monsters of Verity: Our Dark Duet by Victoria Schwab

I can't wait to get my hands on this one. This Savage Song was one my favorites from last year.






Adult Fiction

Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to Know Book 1: Mad by Chloe Esposito

This week's twisty thriller.







Marriage of a Thousand Lies by S. J. Sindu

LGBTQA book that looks interesting to me.







Non-Fiction

Daring to Drive A Saudi Woman's Awakening by Manal Al-Sharif

Interesting looking memoir.









Hunger: A Memoir of (My) Body by Roxane Gay

New Roxane Gay book! New Roxane Gay book!

Surpassing Certainty: What My Twenties Taught Me by Janet Mock

The author of the memoir Redefining Realness returns with a memoir talking about her life as an adult.







No comments:

Post a Comment