Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Book Review: Yesternight

TITLE: Yesternight
AUTHOR: Cat Winters
CATEGORY: Adult
PUBLISHED: October 2016
GENRE: Historical Fiction/Magical Realismish
PREMISE: A young woman comes to a town to help children and discovers one child might be remembering a past life.
MY REVIEW: Why didn't I know Cat Winters had branched out into adult fiction? Seems very strange for me as I enjoy her books quite a bit. This is apparently her second adult book. Who knew. Everyone but me, I guess.
This is very much like Winters' YA books. It has top notch historical details, interesting plot that you don't see every day, and an interesting conclusion. What I love about Winters' stuff is she mixes real events in with her plots and her writing is very atmospheric.
As always, I enjoyed this one. The ending is not my favorite thing in the world. It ends rather abruptly. But overall, this was a very interesting read, as usual with Winters. Not my favorite of hers (so far, the best I've seen from her is A Steep and Thorny Way), but definitely memorable.
WHO SHOULD READ: Cat Winters fans, those that like spooky fiction
MY RATING: Four out of Five reincarnated lives

No comments:

Post a Comment