Thursday, March 7, 2013

Book Review: Just One Day

TITLE: Just One Day
Book 1 in the Just One Day Dualogy (that's what they're called, right?)
AUTHOR: Gayle Forman
PUBLISHED: January 2013
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Romance, Drama, Realistic Fiction
PREMISE: When Allyson is in Europe on a trip she meets a boy and they have a  wonderful day together. During the next year, she can't stop thinking about him...
MY REVIEW: So I keep saying contemporaries aren't my thing and I think I now have to amend that statement. SOME contemporaries aren't my thing. So that's progress, right? I'm still navigating my way through them but the major authors I've read have so far pleased me (John Green, I will get to you, I SWEAR). Gayle Forman has fast become a favorite. This book is no exception, I enjoyed it. Maybe not as much as If I Stay, but it is a favorite book of January 2013 for sure.
One of the best things about this one is the character progression of Allyson. The romance is interesting for sure and I love how realistic it is. But the character study of Allyson and who she is, how she got to be that way and her growth in college is just fabulous.
This one is one of the first strong books of the year in the contemporary genre. I can't wait to read Just One Year because I want to know more about Willem now.
WHO SHOULD READ: If I Stay fans, 13 Little Blue Envelopes fans, Anna and the French Kiss fans
MY RATING: Four out of Five museums

No comments:

Post a Comment