Monday, March 11, 2013

Book Review: Unbroken

TITLE: Unbroken
Book 2 in the Ruined series
AUTHOR: Paula Morris
PUBLISHED: February 2013
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Paranormal, mystery
PREMISE: Rebecca finds herself back in New Orleans a year after she was almost killed and once again finds herself helping a ghost.
MY REVIEW: Ruined is one of those really underrated paranormal books that I wish more people knew about. So I was looking forward to a sequel and this is everything I wanted.
Morris does a great job of continuing the story from Ruined. There's consequences from the first book. Rebecca grows more and there's intros to new characters like Ling (who is fabulous) to keep things from getting interesting. It's not just a redux of Ruined, it's a natural continuation of the story.
This does everything a sequel should do. I don't know if there'll be another Ruined book, but I really hope there is.
WHO SHOULD READ: fans of Ruined, paranormal ghost story fans
MY RATING: Four out of Five spooky grave yards

Note: Many thanks to the publisher for providing me with a ARC netgalley of this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment