Saturday, March 30, 2013

Monthly Book Picks for April

Here's a look at all the books I'm interested in coming out in April, that you can probably expect a review for in the future (some I even have Galleys of!).

YA:

Money Run by Jack Heath-re-issue with new cover. Reminds me a bit of Heist Society (which is not a bad thing). Released April 1rst.

Darkness Rising Trilogy Book 3: The Rising by Kelley Armstrong-The ending of one of my favorite UF trilogies. Though I suspect there's going to be another one by Armstrong. Or I hope so anyway.Released April 2nd

Vengeance Bound by Justine Ireland.Debut about furies. I'm weak against stuff like this. Of course I want to read. Released April 2nd.

His Fair Assassin Trilogy Book 2: Dark Triumph by Robin LaFevers-Still find the whole nuns training assassin thing weird as hell, but it's an enjoyable sort of weird. Plus, this one is about a side character who I found more interesting in the first book so chances are I'll like this one more then the first. Released April 2nd.

In the Shadow of Blackbirds by Cat Winters-This book had me at paranormal historical fiction. Released April 2nd.

Tales of Beauty and Madness Book 1: Nameless by Lili St. Crow-I've never read Strange Angels (no interest as it's angels and angel books and I don't mesh as a rule). But this one looks interesting. Released April 4rth.

The Iron Witch series Book 3: The Stone Demon by Karen Mahoney-Well considering the way book 2 ended I kind of have to read this. Series is average but the author knows how to work those cliffhangers...Released April 8th.

The Legacy of Moonset Book 1: Moonset by Scott Tracey-Really liked Witch Eyes which I read recently, and this one looks like it'll be just as twisty as that was. Released April 8th.

Strangelets by Michelle Gagnon-Interesting looking debut about three people who die in different parts of the world and wake up in a facility together. Looks mind-bendy. I love stuff like this. Released April 9th.

Tessa Masterson Will Go to Prom by Brenda Halpin and Emily Franklin-Looks like this one is pretty much based on that story about the girl who had to fight to take her date to the prom awhile back but I'm still going to read it. Released April 9th.

Hammer of Witches by Shana Mlawski-Debut about magical quests/adventures. I'm a sucker for those. Released April 9th.

Revived Cat Patrick-Interesting looking story about a girl who dies and then is brought back to life again and again. Released April 9th

The Body Finder series Book 4: Dead Silence by Kimberly Derting-After the last book I became officially addicted to this series whereas before it was just a fun series. Released April 16th.

Furious by Jill Wolfson-Debut about furies. How can I resist? Released April 16th.

The Obsidian Mirror Book 1 by Catherine Fisher-New fantasy trilogy started by the author of Incarceron. Won the ARC in a giveaway so expect a review soon. Released April 23rd.

Princesses of Myth series: Spirit's Chosen by Esther Friesner-Love all the princess of myth books, I have no doubt I'll love this one. Released April 23rd.

Project Paper Doll Book 1: The Rules by Stacey Kade-New series from the author of The Ghost and the Goth. Released April 23rd.

Arclight by Josin L. McQuein-Sci-fi thriller complete with amnesia trope? I'm sold. Released April 23rd.

Unraveling series Book 2: Unbreakable by Elizabeth Norris-Sequel to one of my favorite new series from last year. April 23rd.

The Last Academy by Anne Applegate-Academies with secrets. You know I'm all over that. Released April 30th.

Blood of Eden series Book 2: The Eternity Cure by Julie Kagawa-Loved Immortal Rules last year. Can't wait to read this one. ARC is up and ready to read on the Kindle so I will hopefully have a review for you guys when it comes out. Released April 30th.

Gorgeous by Paul Rudnick-debut that sounds really interesting and may comment on society's hypocrisy when it comes to beauty and the way we treat people that have it as opposed to those that don't. At least I hope it does and doesn't wind up being drivel. It could go either way, really. Released April 30th.

The Program by Suzanne Young-Dystopian that sounds vaguely like Delirium. We'll see how this one goes. April 30th.

Adult:

Apparatus Infernum series Book 1: The Bronze Gods by A. A. Aguirre-steampunk addiction again. Released April 30th.

No comments:

Post a Comment