Friday, March 22, 2013

Book Review: Shadows in the Silence

TITLE: Shadows in the Silence
Book 3 in the Angelfire Trilogy
AUTHOR: Courtney Allison Moulton
PUBLISHED: January 2013
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Angels, Urban Fantasy, Romance
PREMISE: Ellie's showdown with Lilith and Sammael comes to a head in the conclusion of the Angelfire Trilogy
MY REVIEW: Angelfire is one of the few Angel book series out there that I like so I'm rather sorry to see this one go. Though I have a feeling we'll be seeing a spin-off series about Caden because 1) his storyline in this was incredibly unfinished and if Moulton doesn't want a legion of angry fans on her hands she's going to have to give him at least one book, and 2) that is the way of the YA publishing world nowadays, though this is one of the few times a spin-off is actually kind of wanted on my part.
If you've stuck with the Angelfire series then you pretty much know what the deal with these books are. This one is pretty much more of the same. I didn't see any huge improvement that jumps this series to a absolute must read but nor did I see any downturns in its quality. The ending was rather predictable but other then that, no real complaints on my part other then Moulton needs to cool it with the monologuing/info-dumping villains.
So for those of us who enjoyed this trilogy, this as a whole is satisfying (accept for the Caden thing). I don't know if Moulton is planning on more books in this series or if she's going to turn around and do something different. Either way, I'll be picking up future books of hers.
WHO SHOULD READ: those that have read books 1 and 2, fans of angel books
MY RATING: Four out of Five kick-ass redheads
RATING FOR TRILOGY: Four out of Five

No comments:

Post a Comment