Sunday, August 26, 2012

Stacking the Shelves: August 26th

This is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga at Tynga's Reviews that tells people what new books we've gotten over the week. Please forgive any typos you may see. I just bought a new laptop because my old one decided it was done working and I'm still getting used to the new keyboard which is different then the one I had. Plus I'm getting used to internet that doesn't quit on me every ten minutes...

So this week I actually got to a bookstore! So I may have went a little crazy with the books...Whatever, I'm making up for not buying books these past few months.

Downloaded to Kindle:

Austenland Book 2: Midnight in Austenland by Shannon Hale-What can I say, I got a kick out of Austenland. It was silly and predictable but it was fun and fed my Austen fix. I managed to snag this book when it was a daily deal.

Bought Books:

Anna Book 2: Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake-The sequel to one of my favorite books from last year. Reading this one to gear myself up for Halloween.

Abandoned Trilogy Book 2: Underworld by Meg Cabot-Because I am a Cabot fangirl for life. Granted Abandon isn't my favorite of hers but I still think it's one of the better eighty million Penelope retelling myths that we got last year.

Parasol Protectorate series Book 5: Timeless by Gail Carriger-This series is my steampunk guilty pleasure. It's another series that is sadly ending, but hey, she has a YA series starting up in the same world next year so it's not all bad.

Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman.-I loved American Gods and I can't wait to read the sequel.

Hex Hall Trilogy Book 3: Spell Bound by Rachel Hawkins-Gah, I'm going to miss Sophie and friends so much but I can't wait to read this.

Paranormalcy Trilogy Book 3: Endlessly by Kiersten White.-Another trilogy that I'm really going to miss ( I adore Evie to no end) but it looks like White will be writing some new stuff and I'm all for authors trying out new things.

No comments:

Post a Comment