Sunday, August 26, 2012

September 2012 Book Picks

Here are all the books in the month of September 2012 that I'm eager for and you can expect a review for in the future. Eventually.

YA:

The Diviners Book 1 by Libba Bray.-Because it's Libba Bray back to doing historical fantasy. Bring it.

The Lynburn Legacy Book 1: Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan-Three new series out by three of my favorite authors. This September is like Christmas for me.

The Dark Unwinding by Sharon Cameron-Yay for more steampunk YA! I totally approve of this trend!

The Dead Girls Detective Agency by Suzy Cox-With a name like that, I have to give this a look.

Croak Book 2: Scorch by Gina Damico-I really enjoyed Croak which was a combination of Percy Jackson and Dead Like Me. Looking forward to book 2.

Vessel by Sarah Beth Durst.-Because I'm always up for a Durst book. She's such a wonderfully creative fantasy author.

Darkwater by Catherine Fisher.-A new book from the author of the very underrated Incarceron books.

Gone with the Respite Book 2: Dearly Beloved by Lia Habel-Dearly Departed was a fun read for me. Granted, zombies as a love interest will forever be wierd but this book made me like it.

The Blessed by Tonya Hurley.-Honestly this one I'm little wary of but I'm going to give it a shot because of all the buzz it's getting. Just don't be shocked if it turns out I don't like it.

The Brides of Rollrock Island by Margo Lanagan.-Fantasy sort of thing that looks like it could be cool.

Carnival of Souls by Melissa Marr.-Another favorite author with a book out this month. Did I mention it was a early Christmas?

Undead by Kirsty McKay-2012 debut that looks like a fun zombie romb. I'm in.

Confessions of a Murder Suspect by James Patterson and Maxine Paetro.-It's Patterson. I'm pretty much up for anything he does.

Dodger by Terry Pratchett.-One of my favorite authors tackling Dickens? YES PLEASE!

Raven Cycle Book 1: The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater-Because it's Maggie Stiefvater. Though I need to get to Forever...

White Rabbit Chronicles Book 1: Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter-So I've tried Showalter before and was less then impressed. I'm hoping I'll like her YA books better then her adult ones. Besides, with a awesome title like that, how can I not give this a try?

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time by Yasutaka Tsutsui. English translation of a very popular book from Japan. Some of you may know its anime movie counterpart.

Birthright Book 2: Because it is My Blood by Gabrielle Zevin-Because I really liked All These Things I've Done despite it's slight emoness.

Adult:

The Revivalist Book 2: Two Weeks Notice by Rachel Caine-A fun UF series even if it's not very original. Although when I was in BN yesterday, I could have sworn I saw this book...;side-eyes BN;

Incarnation by Emma Cornwall-Awesome looking book about Lucy from Dracula who is not too pleased with her portrayal in the book. This sounds so awesome.

The Lotus War Book 1: Stormdancer by Jay Kristoff.-Cool looking fantasy book.

The White Forest by Adam McOmber.-Fantasy that sounds like it might be fun.

The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling.-Judging from the net I seem to be in the minority in the fact that I'm happy Rowling is doing something completely different from Potter. She's doing what authors should do: different things. Do I expect this to be the next Potter? Probably not. Do I expect to love it as much as I love HP? Nope. But it's Rowling so I'm sure the book will be good. I have a feeling poor Rowling is basically going to hear "Well...it's okay but it's not Harry Potter" in like every other review for this and probably every other book she writes for the rest of her life.

Spellmason Chronicles series: Alchemystic by Anton Strout-Fun looking UF. Though I have to say, the cover and the idea remind me strongly of the old Disney cartoon Gargoyles (an awesome show, watch if you can ever find recordings).

So those are the books I hope to read eventually for the blog from September 2012. How on earth I'm going to accomplish this, I do not know.

No comments:

Post a Comment