Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Book Review: Silence

TITLE: Silence
Queen of the Dead series Book 1
AUTHOR: Michelle Sagara
PUBLISHED: 2012
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Paranormal, romance
PREMISE: Emma finds out she's a necromancer and with that comes a whole lot of problems.
MY REVIEW: I'm on the fence with this series to be honest. Part of me was sort of annoyed by the usual suspects in it: love triangle with bad boy, oh look paranormal gift that makes MC special, slightly douchebag love interests who don't tell her crap she needs to know, etc. etc.
Another part of me however really found the world building cool. Plus it did its job and entertained me for a few hours. If one is into the paranormal thing, this definitely will give you your fix. The whole idea however is sort of hindered by the fact that you can really tell this is the authors first book.
I think I rec this for when you're in the mood for paranormal romance with not much mental requirement. I am curious to see where the author takes this. The series does have potential.
WHO SHOULD READ: Revenants series fans, paranormal romance fans
MY RATING: Three and a half out of Five black dogs

No comments:

Post a Comment