Thursday, August 23, 2012

Top Ten Thursday (A Belated Top Ten Tuesday Post)

Yeah so I had my post for Top Ten Tuesday all planned out in my head and was pumped about getting it out on Tuesday. But Monday night my over four years old computer decided it was done with the whole working thing. It wasn't worth shelling out the money to fix it because it was so old so I'm typing this on a new computer. Ah technology.
But I still want to do this week's topic even though it isn't Tuesday so I'm typing it up anyway. I just won't add it to the linky. So, here's my list for this week:

My Top Ten Favorite Books I've Read During the Lifespan of My Blog

Well, this is a hard one for me, there have been so many good books over the years I've done this blog...But I'll try and narrow it down.

1) Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett-Simply put, this book is HILARIOUS and written by two of my favorite authors. It's a win win for me. If you are not getting at least some chuckles out of this book then you either a) Have NO sense of humor whatsoever or b) Are dead.

2) American Gods by Neil Gaiman-Well honestly I've loved basically everything by Neil Gaiman but so far, American Gods has been my favorite of his (other then Good Omens). It just gives you so much to think about.

3) The Book Thief by Markus Zusak-While I still have my beef with the ending of the Book Thief (it's just not what I would have picked) I still think it's a fantastic book and a must read if you're a YA reader or just a reader in general.

4) The Song of Ice and Fire series by George R. R. Martin (yes, I'm grouping series books into one. Deal with it)-Game of Thrones, what can I say? This series has gotten huge for a reason. It's action packed with fascinating characters, immersive world building, and it gives you endless discussion. I am currently only on the third book and on the enge of my seat.

5) The Millaneum Trilogy by Stieg Larsson-These books not only gave me such a fascinating character with Lisbeth but reminded me of why I enjoyed Noir fiction back in the day. It's sometimes hard to remember with the thriller genre being so littered with 2D characters and simple get it out in a month plots. I can't wait to read Girl Who Kicked the Hornets Nest.

6) The Parasol Protectorate series by Gail Carriger-This series is just plain FUN. I pretty much fell in love from the first few pages when Alexia is attacked by a vampire and instead of wimpering like so many current heroines do, she gets irritated about the vampire inturrupting her food time and hits him with her parasol repeatedly. The characters and hilarious prose are what make this series for me.

7) The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins-What can I say about HG? It was the first set of books I fell in hardcore love with since Harry Potter. I read the first and it was pretty much all in for me since then.

8) The Percy Jackson series (and spin-offs) by Rick Riordan-Like HG I fell for this series pretty hard. I love the twists on mythology, the characters are awesome, the plot is suspenseful and it's just plain entertaining.

9) Insatiable by Meg Cabot-Well, a Cabot book was bound to show up here eventually. She is my favorite author after all. I just loved this book. It was a fabulously hilarious and lovingly mocking of the vampire craze. All done with Cabot's trademark humor and likeable characters.

10) Paranormalcy Trilogy by Kierstan White-This was a refreshing UF series. I haven't read the third yet (I literally have just bought it though so expect a review soon!) but I'm betting it'll be just as enjoyable as the first two. Evie was such a joy to read. I'm going to be sorry to see her go (but look forward to the shinyness that White has in store for us next).

No comments:

Post a Comment