Monday, August 27, 2012

Book Review: Until I Die

TITLE: Until I Die
Book 2 in the Revenants series
AUTHOR: Amy Plum
PUBLISHED: 2012
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Paranormal/romance
PREMISE: Kate gets used to life with Vincent when startling things about the Revenants reveal themselves...
MY REVIEW: Well...I do feel this was a improvement over the first book. All my previous issues still stand though, especially when it comes to the piles of YA cliches that are in here. Number one being Vincent/Kate are a sappy and slightly bland couple. But they're still better then previous couples such as Patch/Nora so I guess it could be worse.
I will say though, this book actually made me like Kate. I had nothing huge against her in the first one, I just found her rather boring. Kate still has a long way to go before she becomes a fully fledged character but in this one she actually is sort of proactive. She takes steps to protecting herself, she doesn't sit back and wait for Vincent to give her all the answers, and she has quit it with the emo thing. All in all, a vast improvement from book 1 Kate. There were also some plot twists at the end I wasn't expecting so that was nice to see although I don't for a minute believe that Vincent is really dead. Please. I gaurentee you, he will be back next book. Probably just as Jules makes his move on Kate and then there goes the love triangle plot for book 4. Yeah, sorry I just don't have much faith in YA creativity. Been burned too many times.
But all in all this was a improvement over the second book though I still say the series as a whole is average. It's a fun average though and well worth a library read.
WHO SHOULD READ: Those that have read Die for Me, Paranormal romance fans, Twilight fans
MY RATING: Three and a half out of Five pretty dresses

No comments:

Post a Comment