Thursday, August 9, 2012

Book Review: Taken by Storm

TITLE: Taken by Storm
Book 3 in the Raised by Wolves series
AUTHOR: Jennifer Lynn Barnes
PUBLISHED: 2012
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: werewolves, drama
PREMISE: The pack fights to survive against other packs who threaten them...
MY REVIEW: Well...that was unexpected and bravo Barnes for daring to take it that route. More and more I am puzzled as to why predictable series like Nightshade are more popular then this series. It makes me sad.
Now yes, there is some deus ex machina going on in here like there is with most of these things. I mean the MC's gift is still kind of eyebrow raising to be honest. But the author manages to make it work for me and it helps that she focuses more on the dynamics of the pack then the slightly convenient specialness of her main character. Because the character stuff in this series is top notch and one of the reasons I wish more people read this. This is proof that you can write entertaining fast paced YA novels and still have character development (without making it all about the romance).
For some reason I thought this was the last book of the series but with that ending...I really hope it's not the last because no way can the author leave it there. Though...I guess she could if she really wanted to be evil...But this just took this series up a notch in ways I wasn't at all expecting. Bravo Barnes even if I want to glare at you for where you left off. More please?
WHO SHOULD READ: Those that have read the first two books, werewolf fans, Nightshade fans
MY RATING: Four out of Five what the frak endings

No comments:

Post a Comment