Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Book Review: The Scorch Trials

TITLE: The Scorch Trials
Book 2 in the Maze Runner Trilogy
AUTHOR: James Dashner
PUBLISHED: 2010
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Dystopian, adventure
PREMISE: Thomas and co. get out of the Maze but find more burning questions that need to be solved.
MY REVIEW: Look, I give The Maze Runner trilogy is exciting. There's this real need to know what happens next with it that came with books like Hunger Games so I do understand really why it's become popular. Plus, this is a good book for boys to read.
I just don't think it's brillaint. Characters aren't developed well (and in some cases they're stereotyped like Thomas's Spanish friend), I'm still vastly confused about what the point of it all is and what this series is trying to say, if it's saying anything at all. So while I do enjoy it and most certainly rec it...I've also read better.
But again, this is a good one for boys to read and those who are going through Hunger Games withdrawal. I do hope that rumored movie deal is true because I believe this would make a excellent film series.
WHO SHOULD READ: Those that read the first book, boys, Hunger Games fans
MY RATING: Three out of Five guns

No comments:

Post a Comment