Thursday, August 30, 2012

Book Review: Shine

TITLE: Shine
Book 3 in the Shade Trilogy
AUTHOR: Jeri Smith-Ready
PUBLISHED: 2012
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Paranormal Romance
PREMISE: When Aura's boyfriend Zachery is taken by the DMP she does her best to find him.
MY REVIEW: This is a paranormal romance trilogy that I greatly enjoyed. Yes, there are a few flaws in it. I'm still a little fuzzy on a few things. But overall, this trilogy was strong and I am going to be looking into the author's adult books and I hope she does more YA. Because YA could use more of this.
Aura is a likeable heroine. She is proactive, she doesn't sit there and whine, she goes out and gets stuff done. Yes, a large part of the plot revolved around her love for Zachery but I actually buy this romance and see why they work so well so I don't mind it. It's actually a healthy relationship. Plus, Aura's friends are fabulous. Megan and Siobhan rock so hard. Can we marvel at the fact that there's actual female friendship in this? No frienimies stuff. It's refreshing to see. On top of that, the plot around the DMP is actually interesting and makes some sort of sense. This is a very interesting world that the author has come up with. Overall this was a satisfying conclusion to a trilogy.
I for one am very sorry that this trilogy is coming to an end. It's been a fun ride. Like I said, I hope the author writes more YA but if not, I'll read anything else she chooses to write.
WHO SHOULD READ: Those that have read books 1 and 2, paranormal romance fans
MY RATING: Four out of Five shady agencies 

No comments:

Post a Comment