Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (9)


TITLE: Princess of the Silver Woods
Book 3 in the Twelve Dancing Princesses series
AUTHOR: Jessica Day George
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Fairytale retelling
SUMMARY FROM BOOK: When Petunia, the youngest of King Gregor’s twelve dancing daughters, is invited to visit an elderly friend in the neighboring country of Westfalin, she welcomes the change of scenery. But in order to reach Westfalin, Petunia must pass through a forest where strange two-legged wolves are rumored to exist. Wolves intent on redistributing the wealth of the noble citizens who have entered their territory. But the bandit-wolves prove more rakishly handsome than truly dangerous, and it’s not until Petunia reaches her destination that she realizes the kindly grandmother she has been summoned to visit is really an enemy bent on restoring an age-old curse.

RELEASE DATE: November 13

WHY I'M EAGER: I'm a big fairytale retelling fan and I absolutely adore these princess books that George has done and I'm intrigued by how this one isn't a princess tale but a combination of Red Riding Hood and Robin Hood. If Petunia is as awesome as her sisters, chances are I'm going to love this just as much as Princess of the Midnight Ball and Princess of Glass.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE fairytale retellings. My favorite genre ever. I also loved the other two books in this series. The main heroins were amazing, so I have high hopes for this one :D and the covers are so pretty <3

    ReplyDelete