Saturday, May 5, 2012

Saturday Recs (1)

This is going to hopefully become a weekly feature here at my blog. See, I like to rec things and help people find books/TV shows/Movies that they may come to adore or at least enjoy later on. Part of why I started this blog in the first place. So this is part of my way of doing that. I will take a subject/trope/magical creature/any idea and rec things that apply to it. Mostly I will be reccing books, but on occasion I may rec tv shows or movies that happen to go along with the subject in question. So, here is the first Saturday Recs:

If you like: Harry Potter, try these:

Percy Jackson series by Rick Riordan
Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead
Hex Hall series by Rachel Hawkins
The Chrestomanci Chronicles series by Diana Wynne Jones
The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel series by Michael Scott
His Dark Materials Trilogy by Phillup Pullman
Lord of the Rings series by J. R. R. Tolkien
The Magicians by Les Grossman (haven't personally read but many say it's like a adult HP)
Young Wizards series by Diane Duane
Harry: A History by Melissa Anelli (non-fiction about the history of Harry Potter as well as its fandom and influence)
The Chronicles of Narnia series by C. S. Lewis
The Chronicles of Prydain series by Lloyd Alexander
Mythos Academy series by Jennifer Estep
The Dresden Files series by Jim Butcher
Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman
Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare
Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer
The Dark is Rising Sequence by Susan Cooper
The Spiderwick Chronicles by Holly Black
The Magickers series by Emily Drake
Princess Academy by Shannon Hale
Haven by Kristi Cook
Dark Mirror series by Mary Jo Putney
The Enchanted Forest Chronicles by Patricia C. Wrede
Dead Beautiful by Yvonne Woon

Note: Some of these you may notice I personally gave low ratings to some of these books such as Dead Beautiful. I am reccing books that I think the reader in question may like based on what the subject. My feelings on said book are being left out of the equation entirely.

If any of you have questions on why I'm reccing something feel free to ask. Also if any of you want me to do a suggestion of an idea of yours, I will be willing to make a list for it for the next Saturday Recs.

1 comment:

  1. Great post! Can't wait to see more of your recs!
    I loved Lloyd Alexander's books growing up.

    ReplyDelete