Wednesday, May 30, 2012

June Book Picks

This is hopefully (if all goes to plan) going to be a monthly feature here from now on. At the end of each month I'm going to do a list of all the books in June that interest me. If all goes according to plan, I will eventually review said books on this blog (though it may be or month or so before that happens). So, here are my June Releases Book picks:

June 2012 Anticipated Releases:

YA Books:
Grim by Anna Waggener. Release Date: June 1rst.-Because it's got greek myths and family drama and sounds like it's made of win.
Grisha Trilogy Book 1: Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo. Release Date: June 5th.-Has been getting rave reviews and sounds all kinds of awesome.
Monument 14 by Emmy Laybourne. Release Date: June 5th.-Ah you all know I can't pass up a good disaster book.
Hereafter Book 2: Arise by Tara Hudson. Release Date: June 5th.-Hereafter was one of those I was meh about last year. However the way it ended sort of makes it so you have to at least check it out of the library to see what happens next.
Riese: Kingdom Falling by Ryan Copple and Greg Cox. Release Date: June 12th.-I confess, I have seen some of the SyFy webisodes this is based on. Plus, you all know I'm a sucker for steampunk.
Hourglass Book 2: Timepiece by Myra McEntire. Release Date: June 12th.-I confess, I am not as crazy about Hourglass as everyone else. But I did find it good enough that I'm checking out the sequel.
Bloodlines Book 2: The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead. Release Date: June 12th.-VA book. Nuff said.
For Darkness Shows the Stars by Diana Peterfreund. Release Date: June 12th.-Persuasion set in space? Yes, please.
Tokyo Heist by Diana Renn. Release Date: June 14th.-Museum heist with mystery in Tokyo? I want this book like NOW.
The Legacy of the Tril book 1: Soulbound by Heather Brewer. Release Date: June 19th.-By the author of Vladimir Tod and the heroine looks kick-ass so I'm intrigued.
Burn Mark by Laura Powell. Release Date: June 19th-Pretty much had me at modern day witches.
The Intrigues of Haruhi Suzimiya by Nagaru Tanigawa. Release Date: June 19th.-This is a Japanese light novels series which the anime The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzimiya is based on. The series is just hilarious and always puts me in a good mood.
Secret Letters by Leah Scheier. Release Date: June 26th.-Historical mystery with references to Sherlock Holmes? Sign me up!
The American Fairy Trilogy Book 1: Dust Girl by Sarah Zettel (featured on this weeks Waiting on Wednesday). Release Date: June 26th.

Adult Books:
Celestial Blues Book 1: Taken by Vicki Petterson. Release Date: June 12th.-Looks rather corny but man, do I want to read it.
The St. Croix Chronicles series: Tarnished by Karina Cooper. Release Date: June 26th.-Steampunk series that sounds like it could be cool.
The Long Earth by Terry Pratchett and Stephan Baxter. Release Date: June 26th.-Because it's Terry Pratchett. Need I say more?

No comments:

Post a Comment