Thursday, May 10, 2012

Book Review: A Beautiful Evil

TITLE: A Beautiful Evil
Book 2 in the Gods and Monsters series
AUTHOR: Kelly Keaton
PUBLISHED: 2012
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Urban fantasy
PREMISE: Ari continues her fight against Athena and hopes to fight her curse.
MY REVIEW: Honestly my feelings on this book are pretty much the same as my feelings on Darkness Becomes Her so this review will be short. There really hasn't been a huge shift in quality lower or higher. It's pretty much more of the previous book.
I still don't get Athena as a villain. Also she's kind of a lame villain? I mean she monologues and gloats for crying out loud! I'm supposed to take a goddess with terrifying powers who doesn't kill Ari when she has the chance right off seriously? Yeah. No. While I still enjoy group dynamics among the protagonists and enjoy the fun world created I still think much of it makes very little sense and I still think Keaton really should work on her dialogue.
All in all, still a average but sort of fun series. May or may not be reading the next one. It'll depend on the mood at that time.
WHO SHOULD READ: Fans of Darkness Becomes Her, mythology fans,
MY RATING: Three and a half out of Five snakes

No comments:

Post a Comment