Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Books on My Spring TBR List

This is a weekly meme hosted by the girls over at The Broke and the Bookish

This week: Top Ten Books on Your Spring TBR List (books released Mar. 20th through June 20th)

These lists are always really hard for me to narrow down because I'm one of those who wants to read all the things. But I narrowed down as much as I could. For the record, Clockwork Princess is not on here because I figure that's one of those that's a big duh and on every other person;s list.


1) His Fair Assassin Trilogy Book 2: Dark Triumph by Robin LaFevers-I admit, while I really enjoyed Grave Mercy, I did have one or two issues with it. But Dark Triumph looks like it'll be more my thing because it's about the far more interesting (to me anyway) Sybella who was a character I kept wanting more of in book one. I suspect this one is on a lot of people's lists as well considering how popular Grave Mercy was last year. (April 2nd)


2) Unraveled Book 2: Unbreakable by Elizabeth Norris-Unraveled was one of those unsung books that came out at a time when a lot of hitmakers came out so I think it got overlooked. It's a shame because Unraveled was a lot of fun and breath of fresh air. I can't wait to read Unbreakable which looks just as mind bendy as the first. (April 23rd)


3) School Spirits by Rachel Hawkins-A spin-off book (possibly series? ;crosses fingers;) of the awesome Hex Hall series about the character of Izzy. As someone who adored Izzy in book 3, I for one cannot wait. (May 14th)


4) Starcrossed series Book 3: Goddess by Josephine Angelini-You know how everyone has that guilty pleasure series that where the series' quality is highly questionable but you enjoy it anyway? That's me and Starcrossed. Any complaints you may have heard about it, are probably legit. But it's like MI where it's so damn addictive and entertaining that it comes to a point where you just don't care. (May 28th)


5) Abandon Trilogy Book 3: Awaken by Meg Cabot-I'm pretty sure it's medically impossible for me not to look forward to a Meg Cabot book anymore. Abandon Trilogy may not be Cabot's best stuff but it's still entertaining which is saying something. (May 7th)


6) Grisha Trilogy Book 2: Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo-Another one that's probably on lots of people's list. For good reason too. If you haven't read Shadow and Bone yet you totally should. (June 4rth)


7) Sookie Stackhouse series Book 13: Dead Ever After by Charlaine Harris-The LAST Sookie Stackhouse book! No really, no more Sookie after this! Unless it's like a short story. This makes me so sad...The Stackhouse books were some of the first ones I read for this blog. Ah, memories. Oh, FYI Team Sam (in the books anyway, Sam in True Blood is kind of a douche). (May 7th)


8) Project Paper Doll Book 1: The Rules by Stacey Kade-I loved Kade's unsung trilogy The Ghost and the Goth. I'm looking forward to her tackling genetic experimented teens. (April 23rd)


9) Icons by Margeret Stohl-One of the authors of my guilty pleasure ultimate series Beautiful Creatures, tackling dystopian? Yes please. (May 7th)


10) The Body Finder series book 4: Dead Silence by Kimberly Derting-After Derting upped the plot in book 3 this series has become a favorite. Before it was just fun, now I need this like NOW.

















No comments:

Post a Comment