Saturday, February 18, 2017

Notable Releases: 2/12-2/18

Here are some new releases from this past week that are on my radar or that I think people may be interested in looking into.

YA/MG:

Charlotte Holmes 2: The Last of August by Brittany Cavallaro

I admit, I was skeptical of A Study in Charlotte when it came out. Gender-flipped Sherlock Holmes books tend to not work out well for me (I love Elementary though, go figure). But it really surprised me and I am really eager to see more of Charlotte.





Dark Gifts Book 1: Gilded Cage by Vic James

The latest buzz worthy YA fantasy series. I am not immune. This series sounds awesome.

We Are Okay by Nina LaCour

LaCour is one of those authors I keep meaning to read. After reading You Know Me Well, which she co wrote with David Levithan, I think I'm finally going to give her solo books a shot.






American Street by Ibi Zoboi

A contemporary book that looks like its topics are going to be very timely and that has been getting pretty decent reviews.








Adult Fiction:

In Calabria by Peter S. Beagle

The author of The Last Unicorn (one of my ultimate favorites) is writing another fairy-tale centered around unicorns. Huzzah!

Olympus Bound 2: Winter of the Gods by Jordanna Max Brodsky

The Immortals was a surprise pleasant read for me last year. I look forward to its sequel.






Idaho by Emily Ruskovich

Looking for another twisty family thriller? Check out this book that has been getting some buzz around the blogosphere.

Lincoln in the Bardo by George Saunders

I heard about this book through various places and it sounds really interesting.








Graphic Novels/Manga: (note: HC=Hardcover edition, TP=Trade paperback edition)

Angel Catbird Vol. 2: To Castle Catula HC
Batgirl: A Celebration of 50 Years HC
Future Quest Vol. 1 TP
Flight of the Raven TPB
Locke and Key Small World Deluxe HC
Guardians of the Galaxy New Guard Vol. 3: Civil War II HC


No comments:

Post a Comment