Saturday, February 11, 2017

Notable Books: 2/5-2/11

Here are some books that were released this past week that are on my radar or I think people will want to know about/be interested in:

MG/YA:

Red Queen Book 3: King's Cage by Victoria Aveyard

It's extremely likely I'll never read this. I was a little meh on the first book and the second book I was underwhelmed by entirely. The only way I'll read this is if people who were meh on the series like me suddenly start gushing about how huge the ending was. Somehow...I doubt that's going to happen.

Empress of a Thousand Skies by Rhonda Belieza

Cool looking sci-fi debut that has been getting some buzz.







Traveler Book 1: Traveler by L. E. DeLano

I'll be honest, this sounds like a mix of Passengers by Alexandra Bracken and every other time travel series out there. But hey, it might surprise me, so I'm going to at least give it a look.






Unbeatable Squirrel Girl: Squirrel Meets World by Shannon Hale and Dean Hale

Yes, a book staring Doreen aka Squirrel Girl. Dreams do come true.

At the Edge of the Universe by Shaun David Hutchinson

After We Are the Ants, a personal favorite from last year, I am basically here for anything Hutchinson does.






Wintersong by S. Jae-Jones

This fantasy debut has been getting lots of buzz and it looks kind of awesome.

Warm Bodies Book 2: The Burning World by Isaac Marion

Confession: I have never read Warm Bodies. It's on the list, but...I have a lot of things on the list...so....But if you have read and loved Warm Bodies rejoice: you have a sequel.





Adult Fiction:

Amberlough by Lara Elena Donnelly

LGBTQA fantasy mystery that has been getting some big buzz and that I wanted to read the minute I saw the beginning of the summary.

Norse Mythology by Neil Gaiman

New Neil Gaiman book! I repeat: new Neil Gaiman book!








Swimming Lessons by Claire Fuller

One of the latest twisty thrillers that has been getting some buzz on Goodreads.


Hollows prequel: The Turn by Kim Harrison

If you find yourself pining for The Hollows series, there's now a prequel book out. Note to self: read this series at some point.








The Refugees by Viet Thanh Nguyen

For you lit fans, the author of last year's Pullitzer Prize has a new short story collection available.







Non-Fiction:

The Book Thieves: The Nazi Looting of Europe's Libraries and the Race to Return a Literary Inheritance by Anders Rydell

I love history books about saving literature.







Graphic novels/manga releases: Invisibles Vol. 1 TP graphic novel
Robin War collected arc TP
New Teen Titans vol. 6 TP
Revolution TP
X-Files Origins TP
Avengers K vol. 4: Secret Invasion TP
Ghost Rider/Wolverine/Punisher: Hearts of Darkness collection TP
Invincible Iron Man Cival War II, Vol. 3 HC

No comments:

Post a Comment