Monday, February 20, 2017

Book Review: Dreams From My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance

TITLE: Dreams From My Father-A Story of Race and Inheritance
AUTHOR: Barack Obama
PUBLISHED: 1995
CATEGORY: Non-Fiction
GENRE: Memoir/Biography
PREMISE: Written before he became POTUS, Barack Obama tells the story of coming to terms with his heritage.
MY REVIEW: This is one of those books that has been on my TBR list for quite awhile now. My library happened to have it this past week, so I picked it up.
This book was written before Obama became Senator and deals with the period where he was a community planner. There is also a lot of talk about race and his experiences with it (hence all the people getting mad over it). It talks a lot about his time coming to grips with his heritage.
This was a very interesting memoir. It's not the best one I've ever read. It stops too abruptly at the end. But overall, this was a very decent read.
WHO SHOULD READ: Obama fans, people interested in presidential biographies
MY RATING: Four out of Five living presidents whom I really miss

No comments:

Post a Comment