Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Looking Ahead: September 2014

Here's a round-up of September Releases that look kind of awesome and that you can probably expect reviews for at some point:

Released today:
The Bone Clocks by David Mitchell
Category: Adult Fiction
Genre: Science Fiction?
Why: Everyone and their mother has been raving about this book on the review front. EW gave it an A, Book Riot is nuts about it, and it's basically THE release this week. The idea certainly sounds cool. I admit, I've never read David Mitchell before ;ducks; This may be my first try.


The Worldwaker Trilogy Book 1: Trial by Fire by Josephine Angelini
Category: YA
Genre: Fantasy
Why: Despite its many faults, I rather enjoyed the Starcrossed trilogy. This trilogy looks just as interesting and entertaining.




Released September 9th:

Magisterium Book 1: The Iron Trial by Holly Black and Cassandra Clare
Category: Middle-Grade/YA
Genre: Fantasy
Why: It's Holly Black. While I am not as enthusiastic about Clare, it is nice to see her doing something other then Mortal Instruments. Plus, it just looks fun and right up my alley.


Illusions of Fate by Kiersten White
Category: YA
Genre: Fantasy
Why: I'm always up for a White book. Her books are so imaginative and different from the other. Plus, hello gorgeous cover.


Released September 16th:

The 5th Wave Book 2: The Infinite Sea by Rick Yancey
Category: YA
Genre: Science-Fiction/Dystopian
Why: 5th Wave was one of the awesome ones last year. Can't wait to read the sequel.


Released September 23rd:

Lynburn Legacy Book 3: Unmade by Sarah Rees Brennan
Category: YA
Genre: Urban Fantasy/Witches
Why: Because I love this series with every fiber of my being. This is one of my personal anticipated titles of the year. I'll be buying it as soon as I can find a copy.




There are a bunch of others coming this month that sound awesome (like Alaya Dawn Johnson's new book, out on the 30th), but these books in particular are the ones that have caught my attention and that I'll be trying my best to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment