Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Book Review: Gates of Thread and Stone

TITLE: Gates of Thread and Stone
Book 1 in the Gates of Thread and Stone series
AUTHOR: Lori M. Lee
PUBLISHED: April 5th, 2014
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Fantasy
PREMISE: A girl with the ability to bend time goes on an adventure when her brother disappears.
MY REVIEW: Has there been a lot of new YA fantasy books this year or is that just me? I am in no way complaining. Fantasy is my first love always. I'm all for some new blood in fantasy. Especially if it's books like this.
This one was just full of all sorts of things I love. Interesting world-building (some of it was a little wacky, but it never got out of control wacky, so we're good), complicated heroine, no forced love triangle, and plot twists at the end. I wanted a fun adventure when I picked it up, and it delivered.
This was a all around solid debut. True, the romance was a little blah as it usually is in these things, but it's tolerable at least. What makes this book is the plot twists, the enjoyable spunky main character, and the interesting world.
WHO SHOULD READ: Fantasy fans, Tamora Pierce fans,
MY RATING: Four out of Five time loops

No comments:

Post a Comment