Thursday, September 18, 2014

Book Review: The Girl With the Wind Up Heart

TITLE: The Girl With The Windup Heart
Book 4 in the Steampunk Chronicles
AUTHOR: Kady Cross
PUBLISHED: May 27th, 2014
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Steampunk
PREMISE: Finley goes to rescue Griffin when he is kidnapped....
MY REVIEW: My feelings for this series have honestly gone up and down. There's stuff I love about it. The girls kick butt, the guys are actually likable, and the adventure is great.
But...some of the commentary on female issues in it make me side eye the author something fierce. Like this one, there are so many times Jack is condescending to Mila that it's not funny. But worse is, it's excused away because she doesn't know any better and that's what the times are like. I just can't with that excuse. Because that's all it is, an excuse.
As an ending, this one honestly felt like an add on. But I give that it ended the series in a satisfactory way. I would recommend this to those have stuck with the series so far and just want more.
WHO SHOULD READ: fans of the first three books
MY RATING: Three and a half out of Five clocks
FOR SERIES: Three and a half out of Five

No comments:

Post a Comment