Friday, September 26, 2014

Book Review: Dangerous Creatures

TITLE: Dangerous Creatures
Book 1 in new series (or Beautiful Creatures Book 5)
AUTHOR: Kami Garcia and Margeret Stohl
PUBLISHED: May 20th, 2014
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Urban Fantasy, Witches
PREMISE: Link and Ridley head to New York City. It goes about as well as expected with those two.
MY REVIEW: I'll be honest, I was surprised and more than a little skeptic when I heard there was going to be a new Beautiful Creatures book. I was satisfied with the last BC book, and companion books....don't always turn out well (see Sinner, which was fine, just...not needed. At all.).
While I still don't think this was particularly necessary to write...it did win me over and make me want to read the rest so I guess mission accomplished. It helps that the writers were smart and didn't write about Ethan and Lena. Because their story was pretty much finished. This one focuses on Ridley and Link who actually were my two favorites in that series and are frankly far more interesting. It also gives us a peek at the magic world outside of Gaitlin and at the darker side of the magic world (aka, not the good Casters).
Is reading this absolutely necessary for fans of Beautiful Creatures? Not really. But if you want more of the world and are interested in the side characters more, I definitely say pick it up.
WHO SHOULD READ: Beautiful Creatures fans, Ridley/Link fans
MY RATING: Four out of Five lollipops

No comments:

Post a Comment