Saturday, September 20, 2014

Book Review: Of Metal and Wishes

TITLE: Of Metal and Wishes
Book 1 in a new series
AUTHOR: Sarah Fine
PUBLISHED: August 5th, 2014
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Fantasy
PREMISE: Wen makes a wish to the factory ghost after being humiliated and learns that time honored lesson of being careful of what you wish for.
MY REVIEW: This was....interesting. I'm honestly not sure how I feel about it. I did like it. But I also feel like the world wasn't really thought through. But I'm hoping that's because this was set in one place and that next book, we get traveling.
I also can't ignore that a large part of this plot was pretty much Phantom of the Opera, reworked a little. Maybe that was deliberate, I don't know. But it does make me a little less impressed with it then I want to be.
Honestly, this one's kind of a mixed bag. There's some definite good, but I feel like there's a lot that could have been worked on more. I'm just hoping that the potential I see is expanded upon in the next book.
WHO SHOULD READ: Fantasy fans
MY RATING: Three and a half out of Five stalker ghosts

No comments:

Post a Comment