Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Book Review: The Vanishing Throne

TITLE: The Vanishing Throne
Book 2 in the Falconer series
AUTHOR: Elizabeth May
PUBLISHED: June 2016 (in the US)
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Fantasy
PREMISE: After being trapped in the fae world, Aileana finally returns to her world only to discover three years have passed and the world is not as she left it...
MY REVIEW: So, remember years back when I reviewed The Falconer and really enjoyed it? Yeah, me neither. That book totally slipped my mind until I saw the third book in Barnes and Noble last month and went "wait, when did the second book get released?!" and so here we are.
The problem with picking up a second book after not reading the series after awhile is you sometimes forget details of the first book. But somehow, I managed to remember stuff. Or at least...important things so I was able to get the gist of what was going on in this book. And there was quite a bit going on. Literally every other chapter had some sort of plot development so I sped through this one in like a day.
This is much darker then the first book and leaves off at quite the cliff-hanger. Luckily the third book is out so I don't have to wait as long to finish that one up.
WHO SHOULD READ: fans of the first book, those that like books about fae
MY RATING: Four out of Five solid plots.

No comments:

Post a Comment