Monday, August 7, 2017

Notable Releases: 7/30-8/5

Sorry for how late this is. It was tax free weekend at work so, I haven't really been able to get here to post. If you don't know what tax free weekend is...I envy you. But here are last week's notable new books that are on the radar for various reasons:

MG/YA

Middle-School Princess Book 3: Royal Crush by Meg Cabot

Another installment of this very adorable series.

Mechanica Book 2: Venturess by Becky Cornwell

Remember Mechanica back in 2015? Well, we're finally getting a sequel. I remember liking the book...I think...






When I Am Through With You by Stephanie Kuehn

New thriller that's been getting some buzz.

Spider-Man: Miles Morales by Jason Reynolds

I love the Miles Morales comics. This should make for a great YA book. I haven't gotten to Reynolds' books yet, but I've heard good things.







Adult Fiction

New People by Danzy Senna

Lit book that's been getting some buzz. Reviews have been fairly mixed but I've come to expect that from any novel that discusses race relations as this one apparently does.






The Clockwork Dynasty by Daniel H. Wilson

Steampunk historical fantasy. What can I say, it's my weakness.

Sour Heart by Jenny Zhang

Short story collection that's been getting some buzz among the lit crowd.








Non-Fiction

The Hormone Myth: How Junk Science, Gender Politics, and Lies about PMS Keep Women Down Robin Stein DeLuca

Something to read and then think about the next time someone on facebook sends you that "science" article that sounds like complete BS.





Morningstar: Growing Up with Books by Ann Hood

I love books that discuss reading lives. This will be right up my alley I think.

Invisible No More: Police Violence Against Black Women and Women of Color by Andrea Ritchie

Book about a subject that we really need to discuss and do something about.







Comics/Manga

Legion of Super-Heroes Silver Age Omnibus Vol. 1
Superman Vol. 3: Multiplicity
Paper Girls Vol. 3
Attack on Titan Vol. 22
Captain America: Steve Rodgers Vol. 3: Empire Building

No comments:

Post a Comment