Thursday, August 24, 2017

Book Review: A Crown of Wishes

TITLE: A Crown of Wishes
Book 2 in the Star-Touched Queen series
AUTHOR: Roshani Chokshi
PUBLISHED: March 2017
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Fantasy
PREMISE: A young princess and prince with nothing to lose enter a tournament where the prize is you get a wish granted...
MY REVIEW: I'm going to be honest: a year later...I don't remember much about Star-Touched Queen. I remember some things like there was an amazing fantasy world in it, but like actual plot and characters? I've got nothing. So I frankly had to rack my brain trying to remember who Gauri even was at the beginning of this book. Luckily the book tells you, so it wasn't a big deal. But I do think it's rather telling that I can't remember many details from the book. Granted, I read a lot...but I usually at least remember basic ideas and plots of books I read awhile ago.
But stuff did eventually start to come back to me. It does help that this is more of a companion book then a continuation. So in the long run, my not remembering much didn't hinder my enjoyment of the book any. This still has the beautiful imagination of the world. I liked the relationship between Gauri and Vikram. It was very insta-lovey but at least it was a tolerable insta-love. The plot was fast-paced, the imagination of the world is as fantastic as I remember it.
So it was good. It looks like this is the last of the series and that's probably for the best. The author has some new books coming next year (including a new middle-grade series!) that sound very interesting. I'll definitely be giving them a look.
WHO SHOULD READ: fans of Star-Touched Queen, fairy-tale fans,
MY RATING: Four out of Five amazing fantasy worlds

No comments:

Post a Comment