Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Book Review: Windfall

TITLE: Windfall
AUTHOR: Jennifer E. Smith
PUBLISHED: May 2nd, 2017
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Realistic Fiction, Romance
PREMISE: A girl's life becomes complicated when her best friend/person she's in love with wins the lottery...
MY REVIEW: Full disclosure: I've never read any of Jennifer E. Smith's books before. I know she's pretty popular. Her Statistical Probability book is on like a ton of recommendation lists. So I have no real idea if this story is typical of her writing or not. This mostly came on my radar because apparently it's already been optioned for a movie.
Personally...it was just okay for me. It's a pretty typical contemporary romance. There's just an added commentary on how money doesn't solve all problems and whatnot. The writing was passable, the characters were okay. I didn't really think much of the romance, but it didn't tick me off. Basically...this book was just kind of there.
I can see this doing well as a cute romantic movie for February, which is what I imagine Hollywood has planned. If you're in the mood for a sweet romance, this will probably suit you. Me, I just kind of can't help but shrug at it.
WHO SHOULD READ: Jennifer E. Smith fans, Romance fans, Kasie West fans
MY RATING: Three and a half out of Five cute romances but that's about it

No comments:

Post a Comment