Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten 2014 Releases I Meant to Get To But Didn't

This is a weekly meme hosted by the ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish.

I'm actually pretty happy with the way I kept up on things last year. That said, there are still a bunch that I never got too. Here are some of those:

1) The Archived Book 2: The Unbound by Victoria Schwab

Why I Never Got to It: LOVED The Archived last year. One of the most underrated books of 2013. But NONE of the libraries near me had a copy of the sequel. I'm on a strict budget so I can't go out and buy whatever books my library doesn't have. Luckily, one is finally getting the paperback in this month. So I can read that when it comes in. Why they didn't get it when it first came out...who knows.





2) We Were Liars by E. Lockhart

Why I Never Got to It: I'm still waiting for the library reserve fever to die down. It's down to sixty people! So I'm getting there!








3) The Minaturist by Jessie Burton

Why I Never Got to It: Same reason as We Were Liars.









4) The Bone Clocks by David Mitchell

Why I Never Got to It: See above.









5) The Paying Guests by Sarah Waters

Why I Never Got to It: Same reason.









6) Bad Feminist by Roxanne Gay

Why: Same reason. Though this one I really might just go ahead and buy. It's got exploring pop culture and rectifying that with feminist views. That's something I deal with daily being a nerdy feminist. There's literally no way I couldn't relate to this on some level.






7) Finishing School Book 3: Waistcoats and Weaponry by Gail Carriger

Why: Lack of money and ability to get to a bookstore that had it. But I just used my Christmas money to buy it so it's waiting patiently on my shelf as we speak.







8) Winterspell Book 1: Winterspell by Claire Legrand

Why: My library only has ONE copy between all ten libraries in it's system. What the heck? Needless to say, I've got to wait till someone returns it at a time I can check it out.







9) Magisterium Book 1: The Iron Trial by Holly Black and Cassandra Clare

Why: had to wait for library reserve. But I now have it and will likely be getting to it this week as I have lots of time off this week.







10) Darkest Minds 3: In the Afterlight by Alexandra Bracken

Why: Had to wait for my library to get a copy. But they finally got one and like Iron Trial, I'll likely get to it sometime this week or next week.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, gosh. WAISTCOATS & WEAPONRY is so good. It's definitely worth the wait, but I am so impatient for the next one in the series already!!

    This is the first I've heard of UNBOUND, but now I'm really curious. I know what you mean about limited book budgets, too; out here, books are expensive and I can't just pick up whatever, whenever, but I'll definitely look into this series!

    ReplyDelete